Admin rights EasyPHPBB
PHPBB the quick and easy way.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Admin rights

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeonardWashington
EasyPHPBB Newbie
EasyPHPBB Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Admin rights Reply with quote

I was not the person who created the forum, but I have been given admin rights to the website. The person who created the website is basically holding us hostage between putting up with his crap or finding the time to make our own.

The forum he made and others have improved upon is quite extensive. I was wondering if there was a way I could be given a replica forum of this one: http://crg.easyphpbb.com/index.php

He's basically holding us hostage and I don't know what to do. We don't want to have to rely on him anymore, but we have to because he created it. Please, help me in any way you can. If it looks like I'll have to do everything manually, then that's the way to do it, but I would greatly appreciate it if there was a quicker way...
Nightmare
EasyPHPBB Expert
EasyPHPBB Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Admin rights Reply with quote

LeonardWashington wrote:
I was not the person who created the forum, but I have been given admin rights to the website. The person who created the website is basically holding us hostage between putting up with his crap or finding the time to make our own.

The forum he made and others have improved upon is quite extensive. I was wondering if there was a way I could be given a replica forum of this one: http://crg.easyphpbb.com/index.php

He's basically holding us hostage and I don't know what to do. We don't want to have to rely on him anymore, but we have to because he created it. Please, help me in any way you can. If it looks like I'll have to do everything manually, then that's the way to do it, but I would greatly appreciate it if there was a quicker way...

what do you mean he is holding you "hostage"

If you need help please contact EasyPHPBB with your problem.
LeonardWashington
EasyPHPBB Newbie
EasyPHPBB Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's telling us that if he's not the admin of the cite, he will shut it down. Since he created the forum, he wants to be in charge of it. But, he's not in charge of our group anymore, so basically, he's holding us hostage, because we need the cite, but we don't need him in our group.

If he created it, he should be able to close the forum down if he wants to right?
Nightmare
EasyPHPBB Expert
EasyPHPBB Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeonardWashington wrote:
He's telling us that if he's not the admin of the cite, he will shut it down. Since he created the forum, he wants to be in charge of it. But, he's not in charge of our group anymore, so basically, he's holding us hostage, because we need the cite, but we don't need him in our group.

If he created it, he should be able to close the forum down if he wants to right?

yes, but if he isn't an admin on the site how can he shut down the forum?

LeonardWashington
EasyPHPBB Newbie
EasyPHPBB Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. He is the one who originally created the forum. He has always been the admin. But I don't know if I even want him to be allowed on the cite anymore.

That's the problem, I don't want him to be the admin, I don't want him to have the ability to close down the forum, because we need the forum. I don't want him to threaten us that he'll close it everytime he doesn't get his way. So I'm hoping there is an easy way to make a quick copy of our cite where I don't have to make him the admin....
Nightmare
EasyPHPBB Expert
EasyPHPBB Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeonardWashington wrote:
Lol. He is the one who originally created the forum. He has always been the admin. But I don't know if I even want him to be allowed on the cite anymore.

That's the problem, I don't want him to be the admin, I don't want him to have the ability to close down the forum, because we need the forum. I don't want him to threaten us that he'll close it everytime he doesn't get his way. So I'm hoping there is an easy way to make a quick copy of our cite where I don't have to make him the admin....

the only way that he could "site down the site" is that if he had admin powers, and made the forum offline and made all the rest of the admins, to normal users, or mods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EasyPHPBB Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: